Thursday, October 30, 2008

NANOing Again



I'm doing it again. I'm NANOing. For those of you unfamiliar with this phenomenon, NANO stands for National Novel Writing Month. Thousands of insane people pledge to write 50,000 words or more in one month solely for bragging rights and a cool little 'winner' logo.

I've NANOed (yes, I have turned this into a verb) successfully for three years. One year I came up short discovering that nursing and NANOing don't mix. This year I've decided to put a different spin on the experience. Instead of starting a novel, I'm planning on finishing the extremely rough draft of my novel. I figure the excitement of a real deadline and the comraderie from the NANO community will get me to my goal.

Because I just love insane challenges, I will attempt to also blog about my experience during this month. Finishing a novel with three kids, a crazed dog and a very sick hamster; then blogging about it- what am I thinking? I apologize now for all incoherent ramblings.

No comments: