Monday, March 23, 2009

Project 365 #78

Morning Convocation

I'm still smarting over the lingering chill in the air. I was hoping spring would blow in ushering warmth and earth ready to be turned for sowing. Instead of warm weather, spring arrived with snow flurries and lots of wind.

This morning I headed out for a run with a heady breeze and temperatures below 20. The Canadian geese gather by the stream en masse when spring approaches. As soon as they see me the honking and shrieking begins as I intrude on their early morning convocation. I can go by this spot later in the day and they ignore me but first thing in the morning, I am an intruder.

It is the bewitching time when nature rules while humans still sleep beneath their warm covers. Most of the other creatures have grown used to me intruding on their time, not the geese. They never let me forget I'm just a guest.


1 comment:

Wendy Paine Miller said...

Hi Sandra,

I'm a mom of 3 little girls and am in the process of looking for an agent for my first novel. I love the way you write...the words you choose. I found you through 5 Minutes for Mom! I hope your book is published...I know how crazy it can be to love writing but love your children even more...

~ Wendy