Tuesday, April 14, 2009

From the Sick Bed

I've had the flu since last Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm foggy on the details as it's been a blur of low grade fever, coughing and an inability to eat more than toast and Pedialyte Freezer Pops.

If getting the flu is tough then getting the flu during Spring break in a house with children is unbearable. To their credit, the kids have been good, poking me with a stick at regular intervals to make certain I'm still conscious. Even my little guy has been a trooper, telling me to go to sleep. Although I suspect it's to plot his takeover of the planet.

I actually started to worry when Kisses started cuddling up to me in the sick bed. She was the ever loyal pooch, standing guard over her sick mistress. This is not the Kisses I know. Maybe I was really sick, like death bed sick. But then this afternoon, when my 102 fever finally broke, she growled at me for looking at her and cut me a nasty glower. Whew!

Tonight I'm not drugged on NyQuil and I could kill for a slice of pizza. No more tea, no more vegetable broth, no more toast, no more Pedialyte. A nice cheese piece of pizza with garlic, green peppers and red onions. I guess I'm on the road to recovery.

No comments: