Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Calling All Fairies

Don't you remember the joy of reaching under your pillow, while your tongue drifted in and out of the space where your tooth used to be, and finding the magic money left by the tooth fairy? Once all the teeth grow in is that it for fairies? Maybe they're out there just waiting to fill our mornings with magic.

So if:

I put dirty clothes under my pillow maybe the laundry fairy will grant me washed and neatly folded clothing. She might even put it away for me

or

Dirty dishes under my pillow (it could be a tad bit uncomfortable but...) would be turned to clean sparkling dishes

or
Here's my favorite, a handful of bills placed under the pillow would be paid, preferably from the fairy's own pocket

or
Chicken, cilantro, tomatoes, garlic and onions under the pillow would be turned into a gourmet meal that feeds the entire family or maybe all I'd need to do was leave a couple of recipes and voila...

or

Cleaning products, sponges, toilet brush, rags, and a feather duster would become a clean house. And just to show how much I appreciate my cleaning fairy, I'd take care of the mopping and vacuuming

or

Maybe just maybe, if I leave a couple of pine needles under my pillow tonight the great Fairy of Dead Christmas Trees will finally take this one shedding needles all over the living room out of the house and into the woods.

Oh, I guess a girl can dream.

No comments: